Thursday, April 19, 2007

The fun begins

PLEASE DO NOT POST MY NAME OR ANY SIMILAR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN COMMENTS. THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE THAT ANYONE CAN SEE. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE BLOGGING PRIVILEGES. THANK YOU.

The most hazardous thing I may have done on this trip was climb over the mass of sleeping bodies and cargo to get to the bathroom on the aircraft. I made it, but only using fancy rock climbing moves I learned from my wife. I did it in flip-flops no less, because after many hours it seemed like a good idea to air out my socks and boots.
Footcare is important.
This season's most important tacti-cool accessory is... the iPod. But I'm old-school so I don't have one.
The other importanct accessory is a carribeaner. Many uses, such as attaching bags to cargo nets so that they are out of the way. The MOST important accessory is the inflatable thermarest. Lay it on the aircraft floor and you are warm and comfortable. I didn't have one, and I slept fine, but I'm funny that way.

Once I got here, I got the grand tour, dropped my stuff in my room, got some chow (made a tuna wrap), and went to work. The sooner I'm spun up and working, the sooner we win. That's what I told my boss. He was amused. In any case, I was wide awake and wanted to get started and used to my shift hours.

And I checked. There are kettlebells in the gym here. Outstanding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Believe it or not this is the very first blog I have actually looked at and that I intend to keep up with.

Please take care of yourself.

Aryeh's Mom

Linda J. said...

sorry about the first message, won't happen again.