Monday, April 23, 2007

It's a small war after all...

Sure there are hundreds of thousands of troops all over the world, but I seem to run in to people I know everywhere. It's fun. It's also fun when they don't recognize me until I'm right on top of them because my hair is shorter (no operaional need for it, just more convenient) and they aren't expecting to see me here.
One of the people I work with had a confirmed kill a few nights ago. We all saw it. It was only a chair, but as the story must be told, it was a terrorist chair. The base of the seat snapped in two. Their was a brief moment where the chair itself was perfectly balanced, enabling us all to wach as it fell over, depositing the hapless troop on the floor. To be fair, it was an old chair, not a fat troop.
Speaking of troops, it is an old cliche, but the enlisted folks I work with are a source knowledge and experience that is invaluable. It's nice to have them as a sanity check.
As far as work goes, I'm getting a good rhythm going. I'm feeling more confident in my skills due in part to the experiences I've had this past year, and to the foundation that was laid at my last Active Duty assignment. I may have hated that job, but some good came out of it. I mentioned to my boss here that one of the smartest people I have ever worked with was the man I credit with teaching me at that I unit. My boss knows that guy, worked with him in the past, and agreed with my assessment. I'm emailing that guy now to thank him.
I've opened up the comments section so that anyone who wishes can post something. Someone asked me to do it a little while ago. For some reason, the commands on the page are in English today and so I was able to figure out how to make the change.

No comments: