Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oops

So, a few little growing pains here and there. We need to adjust our satellite twice a day. A few days in a row at the end of my shift I adjusted it as I left, but was always asked if I'd adjusted it upon my return. I was very confused. It's not a complicated process. But apparently it is very difficult if you are adjusting the wrong satellite. There were also a couple of other easily fixed mistakes. We'll call them learning opportunities.
On an unrelated note, in just the short time I've been near a TV, I think I've seen every cheesy Armed Forces Network commercial. Nothing is funnier than an anti-chewing tobacco commercial produced by the military. It's probably a greater irony than the "Truth" commercials being funded by the Tobacco industry.
My plan to only bring a couple of books and leave the laptop at home has worked very well. I work, eat, PT, and sleep. My boss did the same thing. Apparently there are people that bring DVD players and have their spouses ship them recordings of their favorite shows. If you work a desk, it is surprisingly easy to get fat when you go off to war.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear WXGuesser:
I am enjoying your blog. You have a nice way with words. Stay safe, wherever you are.

Anonymous said...

I agree, really enjoying the postings. You write the way you speak, and it's great to hear about everything first hand. Miss you!
JGC

Anonymous said...

wait until you see the afn commercials for family values. Remember, I love the military