Monday, May 4, 2009

Breakthrough!

So I'm walking back from the gym and decided to check to see if the Chaplain was in. Our chaplain was not. But another chaplain for a related command was there. So I checked with him about my food situation. He and I walked over to the chaplain's assistant to verify the process and current availability.

I asked for two a day until my scheduled departure. They said that wouldn't be a problem but that it would take some time. However, they think there is a stash around here somewhere with the conventional folks and they will see about picking it up very soon. They need to go there anyway. They'll also follow-up with the bulk order.

So that's that.

I also mentioned that given the duration of my stay and the timing of it, I can help as a lay leader for part of the community here. It just so happens that one of the chaplains returned home recently and they just might be in need. So I'll help how I can. Should be an interesting and enlightening experience.

More to follow.

No comments: