Friday, June 19, 2009

Networking

I went to visit the lead conventional weather team here at Balad today. Nominally it was to pick up some paperwork but really it was to put faces with names. Internet chat and email are great but nothing beats an actual personal relationship.

The Senior NCO there has done a great job. Last time that unit caused us all sorts of headaches. He saw some of the issues from the sidelines and vowed to fix it if he was ever over here. Well, he's here and he mostly has.

I just hope it continues when his replacement takes over. Continuity too often is lost from rotation to rotation. Unlike SOF, where we will go and go and go, many of the conventional folks tend to go once and not go back for a while and probably won't hit the same place twice. There are exceptions, but that seems to be how it goes in big Air Force Weather.

My knee is recovering nicely. I stubbornly gave the elliptical another shot. A little less weird. Well, less jarring, but still weird. I don't know what kind of motion it is, but I got a rhythm going. I'm sure I accomplished something since I was tired and sweaty afterwards.

Tonight is my night off of PT and tomorrow night I think I'll test out the rower again. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: