Wednesday, July 1, 2009

All Alone

We encountered a truck with the audacity to drive on the road on the way back from dinner. One of the guys shouted at the truck, harrassing them for fun, complaining that it wasn't a road but a sidewalk. In the vehicle, that was able to make all of 2 mph at most due to the volume of pedestrian traffic going to or from the chow hall, were a few Airmen. On their way to chow.

One of the guys I was with mentioned that this truck was driving the very short distance to the chow hall. One of the other guys feigned surprise over the need to drive such a short distance.

Someone then simply said "Air Force," as if that was sufficient to explain lazy fat people that couldn't be bothered to walk to the source of their deep-fried fix for the evening.

I felt a need to stand up for the Air Force. Even if in this case we deserved. Before the word "hey" was out of my mouth, one of the guys said there's only one of you... so just nod and say yes.

Serves me right for eating every night with a bunch of Army dudes, I guess.

Today's other lesson learned was that my feelings toward PTing in the middle of a shift is are mixed. PT is fun. But I had a small window so I just hit the gym in my uniform and swung the kettlebell around in my t-shirt, ACU pants, and boots.

I came back to work a sweaty mess. That was less than pleasant.

So in the future, I should probably just stick to PT before and/or after work.

And so, I'm off to the gym.

No comments: