Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We're not all crazy

CSI: New York was on the TV in the gym during my evening PT session. I guess they'll run out of CSI spin-offs once they run out of Who songs for the intro.

Anyway, Gary Sinise is the man, so always fun to watch Lt. Dan catch bad guys. But, why... WHY??? are all veterans crazy maladjusted criminals who magically have access to "military grade" weapons?

We have been joking for a few years now that Iraq Vets with PTSD will be the fictional criminals of prime time TV in a few years like our Vietnam Vets before us. The future is now, I guess.

As for my immediate future, I get to mix things up a bit by taking a class on how to use a new radio. Not sure if I'll ever use this particular radio, but it never hurts to learn more.

Also, an aviator recently sent up a critique of conventional Air Force Weather support. His frustrations matched a lot of my own complaints with what many of the other weather troops in theater are doing and how they do it. I'm already trying to schedule a meeting with this guy so I can add his documented issues to what we are compiling.

The goal is not throw any young troops under the bus. They weren't taught. I'd love to see some senior leaders lose their heads over this, but I'd settle for some changes to the the structure and how they train.

Sadly, I'm not very optimistic that much will change. At least my guys are doing it right.

No comments: