Sunday, July 26, 2009

Green Beans!!!

Green Beans you foul temptress. Waiting there, just a few trailers away from the barbershop, pictures of sugary coffee beverages like a visual siren song waiting to capture weary troops...

I resisted. I was waiting for my haircut. It was right there, but I held off. Too close to dinner. I didn't need a sugary yummy "coffee."

But we have run out of Shock coffees. By "we," I mean the unit I've been, um, borrowing, them from for the past months.

It's such a problem that I told a friend of mine their to complain to the their supply people.

Of course, I can stop any time. I don't need my Shock coffee. I just want it. They are the base on which my morning routine is built.

Hopefully the people running the remote control machine gun goodness class tomorrow have a secret stash in their fridge. The MRAP guys did.

If not, I'll grab some from the MRAP guys.

While at the PX I picked up a toothbrush for a buddy. When he said thanks, I told him it was a gift for all of us.

This led to some jokes about chemical warfare. Which is one of three things that will make any hardened steely eye killer truly scared.

1. Chemical Warfare. The only thing scarier than a chemical attack is being stuck in your chemical gear for any period of time...

2. Explosives. EOD guys excepted, they raise the pucker factor. But they will solve most problems, one way or another.

3. Signing things. You sign for a multi-million dollar piece of government property that is about to be horribly abused and see how you feel...

Signing for things is the worst. The first two, if the worst happens, you're dead or too messed up to worry about it for a while.

But once you've signed for something... death can't save you.

Anyway, at chow my decision not to get Green Beans was validated. The evil Army men convinced me to get ice cream.

There was no Cookies 'n Cream. There was vanilla ice cream and A & W Root Beer...

Root Beer Float: Quite possibly my greatest achievement of this rotation.

Don't worry, I was told that ordering running shoes counted karmically as a PT session. I'm excited but nervous. These are an updated version of a pair of shoes I loved. I hope that the updates are actually improvements. My current shoes aren't quite dead, but will be soon, and I never had any knee issues running in that last pair.

We'll see.

So, back on track... scariest moment so far was when some one came up to us and said he had a quick question.

Two of us simultaneously interupted him and said, "42."

And to close... I saw an Op-Ed on the Huffington Post by some screenwriter about how it is hard t obe an American... I'm sure he has it tough becaus he feels so deeply about the issues.

The little summary below the link asked "Who amongst us can say we're actually doing the hard work of being an American?"

I don't know Mr. Screenwritier Archetype from Team America's Film Actor's Guild... enlighten me.

Oh, and Oliver Stone accused the CIA and Military Intelligence of killing Kennedy.

I'm glad he cleared that up for us.

No comments: