Thursday, July 30, 2009

No Food. No Water. No Problem.

The biggest problem with observing a fast day here is the way it disrupts my routine.

I didn't PT last night. I didn't have my Shock Coffee & Health Shake for breakfast. No lunch or dinner breaks.

It just makes the day last longer.

It does, I guess, give me time to work on various projects.

I don't feel particularly hungry or thirsty. Just bored.

Maybe we should invade another nearby country. But only if it would get me out of the JOC.

Well, I was bored until I let someone borrow my truck (I have my own truck, on loan from the another AF guy, since he has two... I don't know how he got them and it doesn't matter). The guy who borrowed the truck tossed the keys to me. But it was a bad toss, the bounced off some of my equipment, slid across the desk, and went down a hole in the floor along the wall.

So, using my little LED light on my keychain, I found the keys. I then had to take apart a floor board, which justified once again always having a Gerber or Leatherman tool.

Keys recovered. Mission success.

I also did decide to take a dinner break. I didn't eat anything, but it broke up the day some. Went with some other guys to the chow hall and got some take out to eat after the fast.

In the end, I grabbed a cookie from the communal cookie jar to break the fast. I didn't even eat all of my take out meal.

And if I'm lucky... the promised Shock coffees will be restocked.

No comments: