Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Iraqistache

One of the guys here has a mustache. He grew it just for this trip. He was smart and did the embarrassing act of growing it while at home and in-transit.

Now he just has to deal with the embarrassing part of, well, having a mustache.

I think since Teddy Roosevelt we've had a shortage of officers who can pull off a mustache.

I am not one of them.

But I'm gonna do it anyway.

Why not? I have no one to impress here and it seems like something fun to do. The guy with the mustache says it will improve my morale. Everytime I look in the mirror I'll laugh. Everytime someone looks at me, they'll laugh (more so).

Win/win.

It also seems like a nifty way to celebrate my last few weeks here.

I announced it in the JOC. I got my wife's blessing. I'm posting it here.

Guess I have to follow through now.

No comments: