Sunday, June 17, 2007

Don't ask me about my business.

Been a few days since I've been able to post. Mostly, I haven't had the patience to try and write something while the connections have been bad.
It's too bad. I had all sorts of keen and witty observations that I meant to share but have since forgotten. I've started jotting them down.
For Father's Day the AFN Movie Channel made a careful selection of movies. Only one actually made sense... Field of Dreams. Of course they also played The Godfather, I guess because it does involve a father and his sons and has the word "father in the title."
Is it a bad thing that I enjoy the end of the movie, not for the cinematic masterpiece that is--though there is that element--but becuase it is a well coordinated simultaneously strike on mulitple high value targets?
My favorite of the past few days was when they played Stripes. Classic. A great movie that is made even better by the slight irony of it playing for a captive military audience on a military network.
I want an EM-50 for my next car.
The other event that was mildly amusing is when a bunch of people stopped by a TV to watch a report of a certain embarrassment to Nevada disparaged some bright and very competent generals. Mostly it was with greeted with shaking heads and disbelief but it is one of the few developments back home that got a reaction rather than being ignored.
With so many incompetent morons running around the military, it speaks highly of Senator Reid's ineptitude that he could single out people who are actually respected. Jackass.

No comments: