Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thank You

I received an unexpected package in the mail today from friends of the family. It included three La Briute brand meals, which I have to say, taste better than some the My Own Meal offerings. To be fair, I have been eating a lot of My Own Meals, so it could just be the variety. The package also included both homemade and boxed cookies, two magazines which will be very popular over here (I should clarify, Sports magazines), and very cute pictures.
The homemade cookies, of course, didn't survive the last shift. I like cookies.
Thank you. It was a wonderful surprise and very much appreciated.

Keith Olberman cracks me up. Funny is funny, regardless of political leanings, and he is funny. I also respect that he ends his show with the number of days since the Mission Accomplished announcement.

Today's words of wisdom. "Another day, another $3.50. I get paid whether I work or not." Said by an individual who will work harder every day than a first year resident. $3.50 is the per diem we get over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one works harder than a first-year resident babe. Yep. Only thing youve said on this blog to provoke a response. It was below the belt.
L and the cold sea drizzle of a country that much closer says hi.