Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Where's my cookie?

I don't ask for much. I don't think I do anyway. But when I forecast a mission-impacting weather condition 7 days out and nail it, I think I deserve a cookie, or at least a gold star sticker. Oh well.
In other news, in the break room, ABC's The Unit was playing on one of the AFN channels. I laughed.
I also laughed when someone was trying to find out the meaning of a Spanish term he was taught. This individual is very highly trained and well respected. His voice and manner have a way of making anything sound dignified. I told him the term referred to a house of ill repute (maybe I used a different phraseology, but this is a family blog), but he wanted to ask a real Spanish speaker to be sure. So he did, and the guy just cracked up. The look on his face was priceless. Great moment.
I also got some pictures from my wife's current vacation adventure. I'm jealous. I go off to war and she goes on long hikes with a full pack. I'm a lucky man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Unit is on CBS. You must have been watching The View.

Lemon bars are on their way.

Wx Guesser said...

Oops. The Unit, The View, both small groups of carefully selected diverse people in contrived dramatic situations. Whatever.