Monday, June 4, 2007

No Capes

I saw some scenes from Batman and Robin. Aside from dialogue more stilted than a Hawthorne short story, I can't watch superhero movies without thinking of the brilliance of the designer from The Incredibles.
To be fair, I haven't read any Hawthorne in a while and maybe it was less overrated than I remember. Batman and Robin was just as bad as I remembered it.
Finished some of my little side projects. Came up with a new one. For all the day to day variety in what we do, there is still a very routine nature to it at this point. The side projects keep things energized.
My latest one should be interesting if it develops. It start with a few questions. Then a few more. Then my nominal boss asked me why I don't go find out. He thought he was joking. So, I'm gonna go get some answers to my questions. I hope so anyway. We'll see where it goes.
The food issue has finally been resolved. An entire pallet (if you've ever seen footage of supplies being dropped out the back of a plane, each of those giant self-contained piles of junk are pallets) of meals arrived just for me. Or will arrive later today.

Other funny story. So I was introduced to someone today. They had never met someone with my first name before, or so I assume. I spelled it out for this individual so that my name could be pronounced properly. I was then asked if it was really my name or just a radio callsign.
That doesn't happen in the civillian world.

No comments: