Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On a lighter note...

A few lessons learned from the experience and wisdom of the folks I work with.
1. Dust makes good boogers.
2. TV series DVDs can be an excellent way to mark time if properly paced.
3. Weekly haircuts can help pass the time.
4. Interleague play is evil. Ok, I added that, but it is true. And the DH is a threat to heterosexual marriage, and takes jobs away from Americans.
5. Chow can be bad good, good bad, bad bad, and good good. Bad good chow is not tasty, but relatively healthy. Good good chow probably doesn't exist when deployed. Bad good is unlikely too.
6. French presses are the high speed gear of the staff weenie. Of course, my Press-Bot is the king.
7. There are things to be done in Thailand that are very much illegal back home.
8. We have a warped sense of humor, but you probably knew that.
9. There is apparently very much a place for chewing tobacco in the military, no matter what the commercials on AFN may say.
10. I can't think of anything to put here off hand, but ten is a nice round number.

Had some interesting chats last shift about SOF weather. I'm trying to pull whatever knowledge I can from this trip since I'll be less immersed in it all next year, but will need the foundation for future trips.
I'm off to the gym. My legs are really sore from some kettlebell workouts and hopefully the treadmill will loosen them up. Otherwise, the treadmill will probably hurt. So it goes.

No comments: