Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And it's gone...

My mustache. It's gone.

I don't recognize myself in the mirror.

The team I flew in with here was taking an official picture and they told me my mustache had to be within regs. I was planning to shave it anyway, but I wanted it logged in our official picture for posterity.

No joy.

Technically they were in the right by enforcing uniform regs. But most of the time we aren't really sticklers for it. But I guess we need to be all gussied up to go home.

Like I said, it had to go anyway. It was getting annoying.

And my wife told me it had to go.

So it went.

Of course, one of the other guys in the JOC with a mustache thinks I'm a failure now. He decided early on that he was committing to his mustache. It's not going until he gets back home. He may trim it back in to regulation if someone bothers him about it, but that's about it.

In the JOC, no one cared.

Silly Air Force.

No comments: