Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surgery

I got a blister from the heavier kettlebell I've started using. It was right at the base of my middle finger on my left hand, sort of under my callus there.

So I honed my knife a little more. I cleaned it and washed my hands. The I slowly and carefully sliced into the callus until I reached blister.

It was really very satisfying when the knife pierced the little blister sack and a mix of blood and clear fluid came out. I had paper towels ready to absorb it all. I squeezed and pressed until nothing else came out.

Then I poured hand sanitizer over it. It seeped right into the open wound. That was less satisfying. In fact it actually stung quite a bit.

However, the pressure is relieved and the wound is clean.

I'd like to think my wife is proud.

I also stumbled into an argument between two people over whether Red Vines or Twizzlers came out first. I was curious so I waited to see what the answer was.

Then the trash talk began. If one guy he is right, he owes 100 push ups. If he's wrong, he's owed 100 packs of Red Vine.

Backwards, I know.

Somehow I'm on the hook for 50 push-ups either way. I'm not sure how that happened.

No comments: