Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A New Front

It is almost football season.

Pre-season games are on AFN Sports. Tom Brady may be hurt again. College rankings have been released.

I got suckered in to a fantasy football league. A fellow AF officer pestered me in to it. I never care enough to follow through with these things. My teams just kind of sit there. All my players could be on bye weeks or injured or incarcerated and they'll still be starting for me.

But it made the guy happy that I joined. I'm glad to help.

More importantly... the first game of the college season is coming up.

One of the guys here is an Ohio State grad. It just goes to show that we are shorthanded and will take what we can get. Somehow they even gave him a security clearance.

Anyway, his mom sent him a care package with an OSU t-shirt, an OSU flag, an OSU coffee mug and a little stuffed OSU football that says "Go Buckeyes" when you catch it.

His flag is now hidden.

His coffee cup is full of paper shreddings, taped shut, and has "Go Blue" written on the duct tape.

The background to his computer is a Michigan emblem.

There is a Michigan emblem very very well attached to his desk and then covered over in layers of clear tape as a laminate of sorts.

I didn't permanently damage any of his stuff because his mom also sent us cookies and he shared them.

Fortunately for me, my desk is manned 24/7. I told my NCO to guard our desk. Unlike the OSU guy, my NCO has actually killed before.

We don't screw around in the Big-10.

No comments: