Sunday, September 13, 2009

Snood

I was determined to finish strong. It is easy to mail it in during the last few weeks of a deployment on a staff. You know your job. You know the routine. You know all the tricks.

But you are there to support the teams in the field. This whole elaborate staff and high-tech JOC all exist to support thow combined US and Iraqi teams that are out there catching bad guys.

They deserve our best effort. I need to stay motivated for them.

But... but... we found Snood on the network drive! Snood is a silly game that I first found in high school. Someone put it on a bunch of our school computers.

In a fit of boredom, I loaded it on to my computer at NASA during a very slow summer internship. I competed against a friend of mine who was also having a slow summer... though not as slow as mine. Of course.

And now Snood has found me here, at my most vulnerable. I must fight it, but I can't resist.

I'm sure once I beat it, I'll be done and able to function again.

No comments: