Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Finish Strong

Today was a good day.

One of my projects finally got the go-ahead after months of coordination. Sweet. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do the final implementation myself now, but it will be completely primed and ready to go when the next guy gets here.

Another issue that seemed to crop up periodically has come to its periodic peaceful conclusion. It is far from solved, but at least it won't be bothering the next crew for a while.

I finished my outprocessing. Well, there is one last step, but that isn't until I'm really about to get on the plane out of here. It is one less thing hanging over my head.

One of the few things left on my to-do list are to finish my After-Action Report on this trip. It will cover everything from the good/bad of the training process to lessons learned on this trip. My partner and I will work together on it.

I suspect he'll just read over what I write, make a few recommendations, and we'll call it a day.

I also need to pack up. I can fly home in my ACUs, the Army uniform I've been wearing. I think the only time I wore my AF uniforms was on the flight here.

AF leadership, if you are reading this... the uniform design is an absurd insult to all Airmen. Just so you know.

I'm not a fan.

And I just found out that my car is running again and the bees that had moved in are now gone. Still needs new tires though, and possible some brake work.

It will be fixed by the time I get back. I'm not walking all the way home.

No comments: