Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another Day

Working nights, days kind of fly by. I sleep through the day and by the time I get up and go to work it is almost the next day. For some reason it makes the time go by faster. It is also strangely disorienting at times. So it goes.
I volunteered for an extra project. Should be fun and enlightening.
I also started thinking in Celsius. I feel cultured. It probably happens after working in weather for a while.
In other news, I learned that some local tribes called the Pilgrims "cutthroats" because of a devestating preemptive strike they made against a few native leaders that were plotting to attack them. And Squanto was a machiavellian strategist that was likely poisoned for trying to sow discontent between the Pilgrims and the tribal leader with whom they were allied. Teach that in school.

Everytime I read about a bombing in a market or some such thing I'm reminded why I'm here to do my little part. It does feel better to be deployed and here about it, knowing that we are doing something about rather than impotent feeling I get at home when I hear about these things.
I don't think you can ever stop every act of mass murder, but you can't stop trying either.

No comments: