Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pinky and the Brain

So, I overheard an amusing exchange as two troops were walking in this morning.
Troop 1: Ready to catch some bad guys today?
Troop 2: (looks at Troop 1 with a puzzled expression) Huh?
Troop 1: I said, are you ready to catch some bad guys today?
Troop 2: (bored) We do that everyday.

Though the word "morning" is really funny to me now. When I come on shift, people say "good morning" because it is the morning of our sleep cycle. When I get off shift, people say "good morning" because, well, it is morning. Apparently it is always morning.

If you know anyone who works at the National Guard Bureau, slap them. Tell them to answer the phone and do their job. There is a war going on and the forces that they are supposed to support are fighting it. Oxygen thieves.

Work continues. So does life. I'm trying to plan a weekend in the LA area with my wife leading up to a friend's wedding. We're looking in to camp sites in LA or Orange counties. Beachfront was the goal, but those may be crowded with annoying drunks that weekend. Now that I can rent a car, we have options. Apparently Malibu Creek State Park is nice, was the home of an Indian tribe, and was where MASH was filmed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nephew,
Saw your beautiful medical student wife on Sunday & one of the cats. Cannot remember now whether it was Bonnie or Clyde. It was a very fast visit but glad we were able to do it.
Thinking of you whether it is "morning or night"
Love,
Your Aunt & Uncle who both had dental work done with your other Uncle & his new associate today