Monday, May 28, 2007

My Kind of Chicken

My Kind of Chicken. One of twelve great titles in the My Own Meal selection of entrees. I have one of each, and more on the way. Some have been lost in the supply system, but once that is resolved I'll easily be set for the rest of my time out here. It has been a bit of a hassle, but the supply folks and the Chaplain have both been working hard to make it happen.

Memorial Day out here was a day like any other. I missed the ceremony they were holding because of work. Oh well. I'm sure it was nice and tasteful. They weren't remembering anonymous names or faces, this was dedicated specifically to friends.

I was asked what prompted my little comparison of SOF troops to non-SOF troops. Well, without getting in to details, we coordinate our forecasts with others. What we use the forecasts for may be classified, but it's not like you can keep the weather secret from anyone. It's been a pain dealing with people who strive to achieve the minimum. That's all.

On a lighter note, I may have put my alarm clock through the laundry. I can't find it and am concerned it got wrapped up in my sheets when they were thrown in the laundry bag. Oops.

I try to avoid politics, but I have to say that John Edwards is a modern profile in courage. When in office, he voted for the war. Now that he is unaccountable for his words, he is very much against and advocating strong political action--coincidentally, those positions are now more popular.

I almost have to say that my mother has done a great job picking books to send to me. They have been books that I probably never would have picked up, but have been great reading. The current one is by Michael Beschloss on presidential leadership. It is similar to JFK's Profiles in Courage with the obvious exception that it pertains to the executive rather than legislative branch. The author is also facing fewer accusations of having ghostwriters do the work. I joke. I like JFK. He is the sugar daddy of modern SOF.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.