Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Inflated

I am surrounded by idiots. Not literally. The people who physically surround me at work are smart, dedicated, and impress me daily. Some of the people I have to coordinate with, however, have left me with an inflated sense of my own intelligence.
To give an example of the sillyness, I have had to explain to a forecaster that although in theory strong winds can blow dust across the vast territories and reduce visibility, when those winds are over a body of water, there is no dust to be picked up.
We have the ability to push a button and blow something up. That's great and all, but I need something small. I want to be able to push a button and whack these morons upside the head.
It would be funny if it didn't waste my time and have the ability to mess with my missions. Actually, it is still kind of funny, but sad too. Oh well.
Otherwise, work is still very interesting and very busy.
Weather is still far from a calling, but if I hadn't wound up in weather, I wouldn't be sitting where I am supporting these missions.

I finished Beschloss's book on Presidential Courage. Every President decries partisanship, every President thinks the press is out to get him, and every President thinks his own party's members of congress are short sighted. It was really a very interesting book and I highly recommend it. It reveals most of these people as humans.
Except Teddy Roosevelt. Speaking apolitically, that guy was Megaforce. Little kids may wear Superman pajamas, and Superman may wear Chuck Norris pajamas, but Chuck Norris wears Teddy Roosevelt pajamas.

2 comments:

Shira said...

Yeah, but Teddy Roosevelt wears Jack Bauer pajamas

Wx Guesser said...

Doesn't count. Unlike Superman, Chuck Norris, and TR... Jack Bauer isn't real.