Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Make it stop!

I understand I confused some people with my reference to the nineteen month campaign. No, I haven't been extended. I know when I'm scheduled to leave the country and when my repacement is due. There is no need to surge my position. There aren't enough chairs.
I was referring to the presidential campaign. Apparently Ronald Reagan is running against George McGovern.
I caught a few moments of the Republican Debate while waiting for the phone . It did seem that they were being asked tougher questions than in prior debates and differences betweent he candidates seemed more sharp in the GOP pool.
Anyway, of the few minutes I watched, one exchange stayed with me. Duncan Hunter mentioned that he served in Vietnam, and although there was nothing special or distinguishing about his service, he served. Mitt Romney spoke about his regret at not having served in Vietnam.
Duncan Hunter earned my respect and Mitt Romney lost my vote. Not that he really had it, but that was weak. Not as weak as a certain Vice President's "other priorities," but weak just the same.

Any way, I like my decision to run between getting off shift and going to bed. Going try to stick to that from now on and do my kettlebells/lifting before work.
On my way to the gym to run yesterday I ran in to a friend of mine and one of his troops. We were discussing Special Operations Weather issues. The Guard may have it's issues, but the active duty side of things is just as messy. All in all, I still think I'm as close to having my cake and eating it too as I could be.
Though finally getting the tactical training would be nice. That's one thing they have over me. I'll get there.
Off to run.

No comments: