Sunday, May 6, 2007

Package!

I got a package today. It had meat, and meat, and meat, and meat, and balance bars, and fruit bars, and some books, and an Economist. I have wonderful parents.
I plowed through the Economist right away. Only a European magazine would call a .22 a high powered handgun. But I digress.
The fruit bars are interesting. Made of "all real foods", the look like fruit and nuts were put in a compost heap and then formed into blocks. But they taste fine.
I want to post the letters that I received from friends and neighbors (editted to protect the innocent), but I'm about to get booted so the room can be cleaned. Next time.
The lesson from my last shift is that Jim Croce can't pull off singing "Old Man River." He sounds fine, but it just doesn't work.
We were warned that bad guys don't have air conditioning and so we should be able to fight without it too. I agree, but at the same time I was thinking that the bad guys don't have guys sitting at computers forecasting weather either.

No comments: