Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I can't help myself

Every time I make some training plans, no matter how reasonable, they fall apart. The bureaucracy is slow and incompetent when rapid action is needed. Funding isn't there. Something.
But I'm trying again anyway. I've gotten course schedules, word that funding is there, and that the schools are now authorized. I've found dates that can get me to most without major interference with my schoolwork. Now I'm just waiting for the plan to be sabotaged. Still, it will all come, if not necessarily on the ideal schedule or my terms, it will come. Of that I am now confident.
I remember back in college watching a movie with the lovely young woman who would become my wife and some friends. Well, my wife didn't watch because she hates war movies. Anyway, I mentioned in conversation that I'm going to work with the people depicted in that movie. I'm just about there. I've worked for some of them, but with the training, I'll actually be able to work with them.
To avoid any guessing as to what movie it was, let us say it was the Barry Bostwick classic "Megaforce."
If you're curious, the man responsible for preventing my training this past year has managed to get himself to yet another training school. Apparently money and slots only exist for him. This will catch up with him. Everyone in the community will know that he is a selfish badge-chasing hack. Hopefully it will come out before he is forced to deploy (I'm sure that is one opportunity he'll hide from as long as possible) and gets someone hurt.

No comments: