Sunday, July 22, 2007

Range Again

Back to range soon. Free ammunition, range time, and weapons make for better training opportunities than I'm likely to find as a traditional Guardsman. On top of that, I get to shoot with some of the best, which makes for learning opportunities that can't be missed.
Shooting really is a small part of my job, but when it is needed, being good is rather important.
This time again I've chosen the old-school M-4. It only has the basic iron sights, no scopes, batteries, lasers, or other gadgets. Just fundamentals. It's funny that not having all sorts of toys tacked to my rifle is different now.
They're available and I could double the weight of the weapon with accessories, but that's not my goal at the moment.
I understand that people back home are trying to guess at various clues as to when I'll be home. Good luck. I'm making plans but even I can do no more than make an educated guess. I'm pretty sure when I'm leaving this place though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a pool on the day you arrive. Cat Lady thought Friday. Sis thought Wednesday. Mom wants yesterday (actually, 3 months ago)What day do you want?